Thursday, September 25, 2008

My summer training …..

Hiii…. folks. For those of you who don’t know me, I am doing my engineering from a very reputed college of Delhi. As per the curriculum of my college I was required to do training in an industry during my summer break. I was really looking forward to it as earlier I used to think that it’s a great opportunity for a student like me to get familiar with the working conditions in a professional firm as well as to apply theoretical knowledge acquired in the college into practice. But now there is a drastic change in my perspective.

The first thing I had to decide was-“where to do training from?” Well automobile sector was on top in my priority list. I tried knocking the door of every goddamn company situated in and around NCR but to no avail. And also the thing which was really bothering me was that all of my friends were successful in arranging for their training programs at one place or another. I guess I was on the lookout for companies for 3 months or so. When I had lost all my hopes of getting into a good company then out of the blue my uncle informed me that he has arranged for my training program in an electronics company. And I got this news just 2 days before the date of joining. ohh finally some good news …

On my 1st day of training I was supposed to report there at 8:30 in the morning. When I reached there around 30-40 students were already waiting in the reception area for further instructions. I sank into a seat in the reception area. To kill time I began searching for a person whom I could talk to. Believe me guys the first guy I talked to was a complete jerk. I didn’t talk to him during my whole 2 months of training there.

After sometime we were told to proceed to a hall where we will be given further instructions. After waiting for an hour or so an old man came to the hall and greeted us. He kept on telling us about the organization. The guy was a complete bore and I think those 2 hrs during which he spoke were like 2 yrs or so. Then the guy told us that we were required to come there 2 days a week only. That was the only good thing which he spoke during his speech. So all that crap ate our 1st day of training there.

As far as I remember nobody entertained us during the 2nd day and all of us were sitting like dumbsters in the hall. That day I interacted with many people there and made some really good friends. But i think throughout my training period i loitered around with 1 person only...whom i consider a very good friend of mine now...thanx buddy widout u i would not have been able to come there a single day.

The following day we were told that the training program is divided into 2 parts. First one was rotation and second one was a department which would be allocated to the student on the basis of his/her area of interest. During the 1st 2 weeks I went to different workshops there.Ohh guy’s u wanna know what I learnt there. The only thing which I learnt there was how one could waste his/her time. Believe me workers there had no intention of teaching us anything. I can now say it without any hesitation that they were all charlatans. And above all these things there were numerous restrictions which the company imposed upon us like one can’t take cell phone, cd’s, laptops etc inside. Getting in and out of the place also required a bloody pass to be signed by some security personnel. Some security….Who wants to come there anyways….The thing which I hated the most was that some people there were so arrogant. Man, who the hell they think they are. Bloody morons. If it were not for the training, I would have definitely shown them their right place.

Now people allow me to give u a picture of the working force of the company. The workers there had a sort of routine. They come to work at 8:30. Then they would have their morning tea. Around 10 they would finally occupy their seats. Any guesses what for...To take a nap yar…what were u thinking...I hope u were not thinking about working…Then at 11:30 their lunch starts and it continues till 12:30. And hell yeah who works after having lunch…so they resume back to work around 1 as far as I remember. They do work for sometime after that….well u get tired of remaining idle too. But during that period too they won’t teach u anything. Infact they would make every possible effort to get rid of you. Around 3:30 its tea time again and after that all the workers start packing their stuff though closing time of the factory is 4:30. If u people don’t believe me then come and have a feel of the place. “Everyday is a holiday at this place”.


The company was good in some respects though like it provided free transport facility and free meals (though food really sucks there).Also a good thing about it is that it doesn’t look like a company at all infact it looks like a park. So it’s a good place to hangout u know. I spent my time by hanging in the gardens there. Some people ( especially the aunties whom i met there...always asked me whether i have eaten my lunch or not...n i used to laugh everytime at this question) there were of really good nature. I really liked them and i wish i would be able to meet them in the future too.

If this is what u call training then I guess it’s better not to have one. But u can’t fight with the system. U have to be a part of it. That’s what I did. Just get your certificate and get the hell outta there. I am definitely not gonna do training from there once again for sure. Good or Bad, I definitely had my moments there. I would never forget the place for sure…So that was my odyssey at …..Don’t wanna take company name!!! Waana know what’s the thing that is boggling my mind these days-“Where to do winter training from?” Let’s see where my fortune takes me this time…..

1 comment:

Harish said...

well saurav...first of all u rock dude!!!
u use rite words at rite place like chetan bhagat (really a big compliment bt nt wrong..believe me)..keep it up man!!!

bt all summer training sucks...its d truth...

its india man...INDIA