Monday, November 10, 2008

Human Nature

I have a habit of pondering over bizarre things. This is the latest one that I have to offer. Yesterday while I was sitting in my balcony I was trying to figure out why we do not value the things we posses and always crave for the things which are hard to get. Is it due to insatiable yearnings of ours? So, I introspected myself and found out that I was no different from others. I can give you plethora of examples from my life too…I think nearly 5 years ago while I was in 12th I desperately wanted to get into an engineering ( which I am in right now ) college. I think that at that point of time this was the only thing which I cared about. I worked day and night to achieve my aim and then the hard work paid off. But do you want to know what’s my perspective now…I don’t give a damn that I am a student of this college…and can you believe I was dying to get into it. I think this is the best example that I can put in front of you people to support my topic. Just to cite some more examples… I had yearnings to possess cell, lapi, ipod, x-box. Now when I have them I don’t even care about them. So I guess as soon as we are in possession of an item it’s just a matter of days that we stop valuing it. I talked to my friends about it too and I guess we were on the same page. What about you? Are you having any similar views? I bet you are…Well I guess it’s human nature….to chase unfulfilled dreams and to do things which are tabooed. Had there been no such pursuits I think we would have lost the desire to live….What say?

No comments: