Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Holi

For the past few years I haven’t played holi. It is just like any other goddamn day for me. But I do love seeing others play. It’s just that I think I have become quite mature now and consider it as a childish thing. I avoid going out on the d day. And I think that it’s just not me…others living in and around ma place have also stopped playing holi.





I think it has lost its charm now. I don’t even consider it as a festival. I have nothing against the festival but it’s just that it doesn’t appeal to me much. I just don’t want to get dirty and all that. And also there is one more reason….I don’t live in a colony type of place. The place where I live consists of just 10 bungalows’ and it’s kinda isolated place. The inhabitants are also quite old….bottom line is that there’s no one of my age group here. I do sulk on this day. Earlier I used to play holi like anything. I used to get up very early on this day to get involved in all kinda stupid things. I think the craziest thing which I have done on holi is…I put colors in the water tank of my neighbors’. Gosh I still remember the situation turned ugly on dat day. But now it’s just a holiday for me. And when I see anyone playing holi I think how foolish they are…despite the fact I was one of them few years ago..Gosh how your mentality changes with time. I think low of the same thing which I used to enjoy very much…Anyways it’s a colorful festival and v Indians really look forward to it every year. Happy Holi People!!!!! Just play it safe and don’t turn it into a nasty one.

No comments: